Effect of Active Stretching on Reducing Plantaris Fasciitis Pain on Sales Promotion Girl (SPG) Ramayana Makassar Town Square (MTOS)
Keywords:pain managemet, fasciitis plantaris, active stretching, sales promotion girls
Objective: to determine the effect of active stretching on reducing plantar fasciitis pain in Sales Promotion Girl (SPG) Ramayana Makassar Town Square (MTOS).
Method: a quasi-experimental research design method. This study was carried out with a pretest-posttest design using a control group. The pretest was carried out in both groups, followed by active stretching interventions in the form of Active Calf Stretch and Achilles Tendon Stretch in the experimental group, while the control group was only given intervention in the form of Achilles Tendon Stretch. After that, a posttest was carried out in both groups. The population in this study is the entire SPG in Ramayana MTos. The sample in this study amounted to 60 SPGs which were determined using the Non-probability sampling method where all members of the sample were selected based on predetermined inclusion and exclusion criteria. The collected data were analyzed using the Wilcoxon test.
Results: The Wilcoxon Signed Ranks Test showed a p value = 0.001 or a p value <0.05, which means that there is an effect of active stretching exercises on reducing plantar fasciitis pain. Therefore, it can be concluded that there is an effect of active stretching on reducing plantar fascia pain.
Conclusion: this study has shown that active stretching exercises significantly reduce plantar fasciitis pain among Sales Promotion Girls (SPGs) at Ramayana Makassar Town Square (MTos). The findings underscore the efficacy of incorporating active stretching interventions to alleviate discomfort in this specific group.
Implications of the research: The demonstrated efficacy of active stretching exercises in alleviating plantar fasciitis pain offers a practical solution for enhancing the occupational health and well-being of Sales Promotion Girls (SPGs) and similar professionals. By integrating these exercises into their routines, employers and individuals can potentially mitigate the impact of pain on job performance and overall comfort.
Originality/value: This research offers a distinct and original contribution by examining the impact of active stretching exercises specifically on Sales Promotion Girls (SPGs) afflicted with plantar fasciitis pain. The focus on this specific occupational group provides a novel perspective within the context of pain management and occupational health. By investigating the efficacy of active stretching interventions tailored to the needs of SPGs, the research brings a fresh perspective to addressing the unique challenges faced by individuals in roles that involve prolonged standing and walking.
Gephart, T. (2017). My Shoe Anatomy from Podiatry Group of Georgia.
Amaliyah, M. Karakteristik Sepatu Dengan Keluhan Muskuloskeletal Pada Kaki Dan Pergelangan Kaki Sales Promotion Girl Golden Market Jember. Universitas Jember; 2018.
Sari EN, Handayani L, Saufi A. Hubungan Antara Umur dan Masa Kerja dengan Keluhan Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) pada Pekerja Laundry. Jurnal Kedokteran dan Kesehatan. 2017;13(2):183-94. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24853/jkk.13.2.183-194
Handayani, S. (2017). Calf Raise Meningkatkan Fungsional pada Plantar Fasciitis Sales Promorion Girl. Universitas Nusantara PGRI Kediri, 01, 1–7
Roever, Leonardo. (2016). Plantar Fasciitis: What Does the Evidence Show? Roever. Orthop Muscular Syst 2016, 5:1 DOI: https://doi.org/10.4172/2161-0533.1000e119
Andini, Redina. 2019. Indeks Massa Tubuh Sebagai Faktor Risiko Pada Gangguan Muskuloskeletal. Jurnal Ilmiah Kesehatan Sandi Husada; 10(2).
Nurraya, Debita. 2018. Pengaruh Pemberian Acrive Stretching Terhadap Nyeri Plantar Fasciitis Pada Sales Promotion Girl di Matahari Departement Store Solo Grand Mall Surakarta. Surakarta. Fakultas Kedokteran. Universitas Sebelas Maret.
Sinta, C R. 2014. Analisis pengaruh tinggi hak sepatu terhadap nyeri kaki pada pramuniaga kosmetik di Manado. Jurnal e Biomedik(eBM) 2014;2: 1 3 DOI: https://doi.org/10.35790/ebm.2.1.2014.4081
Kristamuliana, dkk. (2018). Penanganan Nyeri Fascia Pantaris Dengan Active Stretching Pada Sales Promotion Girls (SPG) Di Kota Makassar Tahun 2017. Jurnal Kesehatan Prima Nusantara Bukittinggi 9(2). DOI: https://doi.org/10.35730/jk.v9i2.353
Made, L., Sri, I., Adiputra, H., Irfan, M., Fisioterapi, P. S., & Stretching, C. R. (2017). Pelatihan Long Sitting Hand Up Exercise Lebih Baik Dibandingkan Pelatihan Contract Relax Stretching Untuk Meningkatkan Fleksibilitas Muscle Hamstring Tightness. Sport and Fitness Journal Volume 5, No.1, Pebruari 2017: 17-26.
Afitha, Istya M & Wulandari, Irine D. 2021. Penatalaksanaan Fisioterapi Pada Kondisi Plantar Fasciitis Sinistra Dengan Modalitas Infra Merah, Ultrasound, Massage Friction, dan Active Stretching Di RSUD Bendan Kota Pekalongan. Jurnal PENA; 35(2). DOI: https://doi.org/10.31941/jurnalpena.v35i2.1554
Ezcurra-Zavaleta, G. A. ., Ruiz-Montealegre, A. A., Saavedra-López, M. A. ., Calle-Ramírez, X. M., & Hernandez, R. M. (2023). Job satisfaction of public workers in northern peru during the covid-19 pandemic. Journal of Law and Sustainable Development, 11(1), e0269. https://doi.org/10.37497/sdgs.v11i1.269 DOI: https://doi.org/10.37497/sdgs.v11i1.269
Farroñan, R. L. S., Mego, M. L. S., Vásquez, E. E. B., & Rodriguez, V. H. P. (2023). Management by Results in Public Works and its Relation to the Quality of Life of the Population of the Department of Amazonas. Journal of Law and Sustainable Development, 11(2), e645. https://doi.org/10.55908/sdgs.v11i2.645 DOI: https://doi.org/10.55908/sdgs.v11i2.645
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Faizah Ulil Hikmah, Yahya Thamrin, Atjo Wahyu, Syamsiar S. Russeng, Lalu Muhammad Saleh, Apik Indarty M.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms: the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the text in the journal;
2. The author(s) ensure(s) that the contribution is original and unpublished and that it is not in the process of evaluation by another journal;
3. The journal is not responsible for the views, ideas and concepts presented in articles, and these are the sole responsibility of the author(s);
4. The publishers reserve the right to make textual adjustments and adapt texts to meet with publication standards.
5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right to first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição NãoComercial 4.0 internacional, which allows the work to be shared with recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
6. Authors are allowed to assume additional contracts separately, for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in this journal (e.g. publish in institutional repository or as a book chapter), with recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
7. Authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish and distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on a personal web page) at any point before or during the editorial process, as this can generate positive effects, as well as increase the impact and citations of the published work (see the effect of Free Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html
• 8. Authors are able to use ORCID is a system of identification for authors. An ORCID identifier is unique to an individual and acts as a persistent digital identifier to ensure that authors (particularly those with relatively common names) can be distinguished and their work properly attributed.