Innovative Financial Economic Stimulation Tools For ESG-Transformation of a Company: opportunities for application and specifics of regulation
Objective: The search for ways to transition to a business model of sustainable development is a cutting-edge trend in the global economy. This movement has its own national features concerning the application and regulation of ESG principles. World practice has already revealed a clear relationship between the application of sustainable development principles and the growth of company profitability and its long-term prospects.
Method: The study relies on systemic and complex approaches in combination with a set of general and special scientific methods.
Results: The paper considers all possible solutions as a source of financial resources, including green bonds, lending with regard to the borrower's compliance with ESG principles, and green crowdfunding. Particular attention is paid to the process of developing and regulating the taxonomy of projects and financial instruments.
Conclusions: Popularization of the benefits of the concept of sustainable development among all market participants will eventually yield the result of improved business competitiveness.
Adygezalova, G. E., Zhinkin, S. A., Kich, I. S., Butko, L. V., & Vysotskaya, L. P. (2022). Effectiveness of legislation and implementation of the rule of law. Cuestiones Políticas, 40(72), 774–784. https://doi.org/10.46398/cuestpol.4072.46 DOI: https://doi.org/10.46398/cuestpol.4072.46
Chernyshova, E. (May 28, 2021). Slabyi otklik na otvetstvennyi podkhod [Weak response to a responsible approach]. RBC. Retrieved from: https://www.rbc.ru/newspaper/2021/05/28/60ae22299a7947d571666750
Crowdfunding, worldwide. (2019). Statista. Retrieved from: https://www.statista.com/outlook/335/100/crowdfunding/worldwide
ESG rating of Russian companies in 2022. (January 17, 2022). RAEX Expert. Retrieved from: https://raexpert.eu/media/uploads/rankings/ESG_Ranking_17.01.2022_eng.pdf
Galaktionov, I. (August 25, 2021). Chto mozhet byt vazhnee pribyli. ESG-slovar dlia investora [What could be more important than profit. ESG-dictionary for the investor]. BCS Express. Retrieved from: https://bcs-express.ru/novosti-i-analitika/chto-mozhet-byt-vazhnee-pribyli-esg-slovar-dlia-investora
Gorchakov, V. (November 29, 2021). Tri veselye bukvy: kak ESG-reitingi zakhvatili mir i pochemu oni poka daleki ot ideala [Three funny letters: how ESG ratings have captured the world and why they are still far from ideal]. Retrieved from: https://www.forbes.ru/biznes/447149-tri-veselye-bukvy-kak-esg-rejtingi-zahvatili-mir-i-pocemu-oni-poka-daleki-ot-ideala
Iakovlev, I.A., Bogacheva, O.V. (2016). Sravnitelnyi analiz mekhanizmov finansirovaniia “zelenykh” i “griaznykh” investitsionnykh proektov [Comparative analysis of financing mechanisms of "green" and "dirty" investment projects]. Center for International Finance.
Ignatenko, N. (February 26, 2021). “Zelenaia” kategoriia na Planeta.ru: usloviia i vozmozhnosti dlia ekologicheskikh kraud-proektov ["Green" category on Planeta.ru: conditions and opportunities for environmental crowd projects]. Retrieved from: https://te-st.ru/2021/02/26/eco-planeta-ru-2/
Jonsdottir, B., Sigurjonsson, T.O., Johannsdottir, L., Wendt, S. (2022). Barriers to Using ESG Data for Investment Decisions. Sustainability, 14(9). https://doi.org/10.3390/su14095157 DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/su14095157
Karimova, K. (September 26, 2021). ESG-investitsii zakhvatyvaiut mir. Chto eto i pochemu oni vse populiarnee [ESG investments are taking over the world. What is it and why are they more popular]? Retrieved from: https://quote.rbc.ru/news/article/60efd48d9a79477f9b55d91d
Kenton, W. (February 24, 2022). Conscious Capitalism. Investopeida. Retrieved from: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/conscious-capitalism.asp
Kondratenko, M. (2022). ESG-printsipy: chto eto takoe i zachem kompaniiam ikh sobliudat [ESG principles: what are they and why should companies comply with them]. RBK Trendy. Retrieved from: https://trends.rbc.ru/trends/green/614b224f9a7947699655a435
Nefedova, K., Maysuradze, M. (2021). Vypusk zelenykh obligatsii (dlia nebankovskikh organizatsii) [Issue of green bonds (for non-bank organizations)]. Retrieved from: https://bondguide.moex.com/articles/bond-preparation-process/42
Ribeiro, T. de L., & Antônio de Lima, A. (2022). Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG): Mapeamento e Análise de Clusters. RGC - Revista De Governança Corporativa, 9(1), e0120. https://doi.org/10.21434/IberoamericanJCG.v9i1.120 DOI: https://doi.org/10.21434/IberoamericanJCG.v9i1.120
Rhiannon, A. (May 4, 2021). ESG Investing: How to build an ethical portfolio that reflects your values. Personal Finance. Retrieved from: https://www.businessinsider.com/esg-investing
Silva, A., Rodrigues, L., Martins, C., & Sellos-Knoerr, V. (2022). PUBLICAÇÕES TÉCNICAS PARA A ÁREA DO DIREITO. Revista Opinião Jurídica (Fortaleza), 20(34), 228-246. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.12662/2447-6641oj.v20i34.p228-246.2022 DOI: https://doi.org/10.12662/2447-6641oj.v20i34.p228-246.2022
Stryabkova, E. A., Vladyka, M. V., Lyshchikova, J. V., Rzayev, A. Y., & Kochergin, M. A. (2021). Smart specialization as a comprehensive territorial and sectoral approach to determining regional development priorities. Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, 12(5), 1353–1370. https://doi.org/10.14505/jemt.v12.5(53).20
Zainullina, M.R., Nabieva, L.G., Mechtcheriakova, S.A., Chumarina. G.R. (2022). The Impact of The Development of Digitalization and The Internet on Socio-Economic Processes in The Russian Federation. Revista Relações Internacionais do Mundo Atual, 2(35), http://dx.doi.org/10.21902/Revrima.v2i34.5695
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Andrey Garnov, Konstantin Ordov, Natalia Chelukhina, Denis Perepelitsa, Elmira Asyaeva
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms: the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the text in the journal;
2. The author(s) ensure(s) that the contribution is original and unpublished and that it is not in the process of evaluation by another journal;
3. The journal is not responsible for the views, ideas and concepts presented in articles, and these are the sole responsibility of the author(s);
4. The publishers reserve the right to make textual adjustments and adapt texts to meet with publication standards.
5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right to first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição NãoComercial 4.0 internacional, which allows the work to be shared with recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
6. Authors are allowed to assume additional contracts separately, for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in this journal (e.g. publish in institutional repository or as a book chapter), with recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
7. Authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish and distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on a personal web page) at any point before or during the editorial process, as this can generate positive effects, as well as increase the impact and citations of the published work (see the effect of Free Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html
• 8. Authors are able to use ORCID is a system of identification for authors. An ORCID identifier is unique to an individual and acts as a persistent digital identifier to ensure that authors (particularly those with relatively common names) can be distinguished and their work properly attributed.