Regional Autonomy Inconsistency in Indonesia Post Amendment to the 1945 Constitution
Keywords:autonomy, amendment, state, rule of law
Background: Since 1980 by the Pro-democracy circles, and only reached its peak in 1998. These changes strengthen the system of checks and balances in the life of the nation and state. One of the fundamental changes is the restructuring of the implementation of regional autonomy through articles 18, 18A and 18B concerning Regional Government in Indonesia. These articles are expected to improve the governance of Regional Autonomy in Indonesia, in line with the demands of the Reform, namely, to make Indonesia a democratic country based on the Rule of Law. This is also summarized in the TAP MPR. No. XV/MPR/1998 concerning the Implementation of Regional Autonomy, Regulation, Distribution and Utilization of Equitable National Resources, as well as Budget Balance between Central and Regional Governments within the framework of the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia.
Objective: The aim of this research is to analysis the inconsistencies in the implementation of Regional Autonomy in Indonesia after the amendment to the 1945 Constitution.
Theoretical framework: This article will discuss and analysis the dilemma of Centralization or Decentralization, discusses and examines two things: first, looks at the paradigm between centralization and decentralization which is fundamental in regional autonomy policies. Second, the impact of regional autonomy is the emergence of political elite groups and oligarchs, as previously flourished under the New Order Regime. This literature is different from the discussion and analysis in this study. They both choose the word inconsistency, however, in their discussion and analysis they are different.
Method: This research uses normative legal methods or often referred to as doctrinal legal research in its discussion and analysis. To ensure that this method can be used effectively, the researcher conducted a comparison of construction between the 1945 Constitution and regulations on Regional Autonomy implementation.
Amiruddin dan Zainal Asikin, 2004, Pengantar Metode Penelitian Hukum (Introduction to Legal Research Methods), Rajawali Press, hlm. 118,
Adithya Tri Firmansyah dkk, Hilangnya Sendi Demokrasi dan Otonomi Daerah melalui Korporatokrasi RUU Omnibus Law (The Loss of Democracy and Regional Autonomy through the Corporatocracy of the Omnibus Law), Widya Yuridika: Jurnal Hukum, Volume 3 / Nomor 2 / Desember 2020
Bertus De Villiers, Federations: Shared Rule and Self-rule in the Search for Stable Governance, Politikon, Volume 39, 2012 - Issue 3, https://doi.org/10.1080/02589346.2012.746188
Budiyono, Muhtadi, Ade Arif Firmansyah, Dekontruksi Urusan Pemerintahan Konkuren dalam Undang-Undang Pemerintahan Daerah, Deconstruction of Concurrent Government Affairs Based of Law, Kanun Jurnal Ilmu Hukum, No. 67, Th. XVII (Desember, 2015), pp. 419-432, ISSN: 0854-5499
I Dewa Gede Atmadja dan I Nyoman Putu Bidiartha, Teori-Teori Hukum (Legal Theories), Setara Press, Malang, 2018, hlm. 151.
Jimly Asshiddiqie, Impikasi Perubahan UUD 1945 terhadap Pembangunan Nasional (Implications of Amendment to the 1945 Constitution on National Development), Mahkamah Konstitusi Republik Indonesia (MKRI), Jakarta, 21 Nopember 2005
Jimly Asshidiqie, Hukum Tata Negara Dan Pilar-Pilar Demokrasi Serpihan Pemikiran Hukum, Media, dan HAM (Constitutional Law and the Pillars of Democracy Fragments of Legal Thought, Media, and Human Rights), Konstitusi Press, Jakarta, 2005, p. 33
Johnny Ibrahim, Dalam Hardijan Rusli: Metode Penelitian Hukum Normatif: Baguimana? (Normative Legal Research Methods: How?), Law Review. Fakultas Hukum Universilus Pelila Harapan. Vol. V. No. J. Ma ret 2006
Kelik Iswandi dan Nanik Prasetyoningsih, Kedudukan State Auxiliary Organ dalam Sistem Ketatanegaraan di Indonesia (The Position of State Auxiliary Organs in the State Administration System in Indonesia), Jurnal Penegakan Hukum dan keadilan, Vol. 1 No. 2, September 2020, P-ISSN: 2746-0967, E-ISSN: 2721-656X
Kham Khan Suan Hausing, Asymmetric Federalism and the Question of Democratic Justice in Northeast India, India Review, Volume 13, 2014 - Issue 2, https://doi.org/10.1080/14736489.2014.904151
Muhammad Ali Azhar, Desentralisasi dan Konflik Kewenangan (Studi kasus konflik kewenangan antara Pemerintah Provinsi Sulawesi Tenggara dengan Pemerintah Kota Kendari dalam kasus pemberian izin investasi PT. Artha Graha Group) (Decentralization and Conflict of Authority (A case study of the conflict of authority between the Southeast Sulawesi Provincial Government and the Kendari City Government in the case of granting investment permits to PT. Artha Graha Group), Jurnal Administrasi Negara (JAN), Volume III, Nomor 1, Juni 2012
Soerjono Soekanto & Sri Mamudji, mention the term as normative legal research method or library law research method (Soerjono Soekanto & Sri Mamudji, Penelitian Hukum Normatif (Suatu Tinjauan Singkat) (Normative Legal Research (A Brief Overview)), Rajawali Pers, Jakarta, 2001, pp. 13-14
Taufiqurrohman Syah, Amandemen UUD Negara RI tahun 1945 menghasilkan Sistem Check and Balances Lembaga Negara Negara (Amendments to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia resulted in a Check and Balances System for State Institutions), Biro Rekrutmen, Advokasi dan Peningkatan Kapasitas Hakim, KYRI, Bengkulu 9 Spetember 2009
Wasisto Raharjo Jati, Inkonsistensi Paradigma Otonomi Daerah di Indonesia:Dilema Sentralisasi atau Desentralisasi (The Inconsistency of the Paradigm of Regional Autonomy in Indonesia: The Dilemma of Centralization or Decentralization), Jurnal Konstitusi, Volume 9, Nomor 4, Desember 2012
Zulkarnain Ridwan, Negara Hukum Indonesia, kebalikan Nachtwachterstaat (Indonesia the rule of law state, the opposite of Nachtwachterstaat), Fiat Justitia Jurnal Ilmu Hukum Volume 5 No. 2 Mei-Agustus 2012, ISSN 1978-5186, p. 143
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Dede Suhendra, Faisal, S.H., M. Hum, Suhaimi, S.H., M. Hum, Syarifuddin, S.H., M. Hum
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms: the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the text in the journal;
2. The author(s) ensure(s) that the contribution is original and unpublished and that it is not in the process of evaluation by another journal;
3. The journal is not responsible for the views, ideas and concepts presented in articles, and these are the sole responsibility of the author(s);
4. The publishers reserve the right to make textual adjustments and adapt texts to meet with publication standards.
5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right to first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição NãoComercial 4.0 internacional, which allows the work to be shared with recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
6. Authors are allowed to assume additional contracts separately, for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in this journal (e.g. publish in institutional repository or as a book chapter), with recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
7. Authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish and distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on a personal web page) at any point before or during the editorial process, as this can generate positive effects, as well as increase the impact and citations of the published work (see the effect of Free Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html
• 8. Authors are able to use ORCID is a system of identification for authors. An ORCID identifier is unique to an individual and acts as a persistent digital identifier to ensure that authors (particularly those with relatively common names) can be distinguished and their work properly attributed.