Protection of Women Victims of Sexual Violence in Indonesia in Perspectives of the 1945 Constitution After the Amendment
Keywords:sexual violence, victimology, women victims
Background: After the 1998 reform, the amendments to the 1945 Constitution which were carried out, have brought about changes in the Indonesian state administration, the recognition, respect and protection of Human Rights (HAM) has become an important change clause in the NRI constitution. Several legal instruments related to protecting women from sexual violence, the latest legal product being Law Number 12 of 2022 concerning Criminal Acts of Sexual Violence, demonstrate this commitment.
Objective: The aim of this research is to analyze legal norms in various court decisions regarding the protection of women victims of sexual violence in Indonesia. Next, to look for a comprehensive concept of protection for women victims of sexual violence in national legal policies in Indonesia.
Theoretical framework: This article will discuss and analyze the changes brought about by the 1945 Constitution after the amendments, especially regarding the protection of women against sexual violence. The extent to which the amendments to the 1945 Constitution have changed regarding the protection of women victims of sexual violence. There are contradictions regarding the condition of national criminal law regarding protective legal norms and sexual violence. This research proposes that there should be synchronization and harmonization efforts in national criminal law policies, in line with the 1945 Constitution which has been amended to ensure that the protection of women victims of sexual violence can be strategic and effective in Indonesia. In general, it provides benefits to help Indonesia carry out legal arrangements or reforms related to national criminal policies in line with the 1945 Constitution.
Method: In this research, normative legal research methods are used to solve the legal problems being faced. This research to use several statutory approaches, a conceptual approach, a historical approach, a comparative approach and an analytical approach.
Amiruddin and Zainal Asikin, (2004), Introduction to Legal Research Methods, Kencana, Jakarta.
Balai Syura Ureung Inong Aceh, (2016), Monitoring Report on the Implementation of CEDAW in Aceh Province 2012-2015, BSUIA, Banda Aceh.
Dahlan Thaib, et al, (2019), Constitutional Theory and Law, Rajawali Press, Depok.
Erry Gusman, Development of constitutional theory to support the unitary state of the Republic of Indonesia, Encyclopedia of Journals, Vol. 1 No.2 Edition 2 January 2019, http://jurnal.ensiklopediaku.org
Gunawan Widjaja. Review on the Women's Rights and Islamic Law in Southeast Asia. Journal of Law and Sustainable Development. Volume 11 Number 7. Accessed October 13, 2023. https://doi.org/10.55908/sdgs.v11i7.751
Hayat, Justice as a Principle of the Rule of Law: A Theoretical Review and Concept of Democracy, PADJADJARAN Journal of Legal Sciences, Volume 2 Number 2 2015
https://dataindonesia.id/varia/detail/ada-25050-kas-kekerasan-perempuan-di-indonesia-pada-2022, accessed on 03 June 2023, at 11.59 WIB
https://news.republika.co.id/berita/qq62i0318/kekerasan-sexual-jadi-pandemi-dunia-korbannya-perempuan, accessed 06 July 2023, at 10.19 WIB
https://www.dw.com/id/ Hukum-perkosaan-di-berbagai-negara/g-19387722, accessed on 07 July 2023, at 12.07 WIB
https://www.dw.com/id/ Hukum-perkosaan-di-berbagai-negara/g-19387722, Friday 27 July 2018 at 15.00
Janpatar Simamora, Interpretation of the Meaning of the Rule of Law in the Perspective of the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia, Journal of Legal Dynamics, Vol. 14 No. September 3, 2014.
Jhon Gilsen and Frits Gorle, (2005), Legal History An Introduction, Refika Aditama, Bandung.
Johnny Ibrahim and Hardijan Rusli, (2006), Normative Legal Research Methods: Faculty of Law, Pelila Harapan University. Vol. V.No. J.
Kaelan, (2013), Pancasila National State, Paradigma, Yogyakarta.
Laode Husen, Andi Ifal Anwar, Sufirman Rahman, M. Kamal Hidjaz. Implementation of Legal Guarantees for Human Rights Protection in Indonesia. Journal of Law and Sustainable Development. Volume 11 Number 4. Accessed October 13, 2023. https://doi.org/10.55908/sdgs.v11i4.624
National Commission on Violence Against Women, Sexual Violence Fact Sheet: Recognize and Handle, National Commission on Violence Against Women, Jakarta, 24 November 2011.
Martha Pigome, Implementation of the Principles of Democracy and Democracy in the Constitutional Structure of the Republic of Indonesia after the Amendment to the 1945 Constitution, Journal of Legal Dynamics Vol. 11 No. May 2, 2011
Mario Julyano and Aditya Yuli Sulistyawan, Understanding Legal Certainty Through the Construction of Legal Positivism reasoning, Crepido Journal, Volume 01, Number 01, July 2019.
Nadiya Ilchyshyn, Oksana Brusakova, Viacheslav Krykun, Yurii Myroshnychenko. (2023). International Legal Cooperation in the Field Of Criminal Justice: New Challenges and Ways to Overcome Them. Journal of Law and Sustainable Development. Vol. 11 No. 4. Accessed October 13, 2023 https://doi.org/10.55908/sdgs.v11i4.767
Oksep Adhayanto, Development of the national legal system, Journal of Legal Sciences, Volume 4 No. 2 February-July 2014
Prianter Jaya Hairi, The Problem of Sexual Violence: Examining the Direction of Government Policy in Overcoming It, Journal of State Of Law: Vol. 6, no. 1, June 2015
UN General Assembly Resolution Number 48/104 (Resolution adopted by the General Assembly 48/104), Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women, 20 December 1993
Sjarif, Amiroeddin, (1987), Legislation, Basics, Types and Techniques for Making It, Bina Aksara, Jakarta.
Soerjono Soekanto & Sri Mamudji, (2001), Normative Legal Research, A Brief Overview, Rajawali Pers, Jakarta
Wasis Susetio, Welfare State Concept in Amendments to the 1945 Constitution; Its implementation in statutory regulations (Several Reviews from, Lex Jurnalica Vol. 4 No. 2, April 2007
World Health Organization, (2002), World Report on Violence and Health, Geneva Switzerland: World Health Organization.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Nursiti, Alvi Syahrin, Faisal, Mohd Din
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms: the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the text in the journal;
2. The author(s) ensure(s) that the contribution is original and unpublished and that it is not in the process of evaluation by another journal;
3. The journal is not responsible for the views, ideas and concepts presented in articles, and these are the sole responsibility of the author(s);
4. The publishers reserve the right to make textual adjustments and adapt texts to meet with publication standards.
5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right to first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição NãoComercial 4.0 internacional, which allows the work to be shared with recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
6. Authors are allowed to assume additional contracts separately, for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in this journal (e.g. publish in institutional repository or as a book chapter), with recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
7. Authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish and distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on a personal web page) at any point before or during the editorial process, as this can generate positive effects, as well as increase the impact and citations of the published work (see the effect of Free Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html
• 8. Authors are able to use ORCID is a system of identification for authors. An ORCID identifier is unique to an individual and acts as a persistent digital identifier to ensure that authors (particularly those with relatively common names) can be distinguished and their work properly attributed.