Unlocking the Economic Viability and Potential of North Eastern Airports: An Analytic Study with Opportunity and Challenges
Keywords:north eastern airports, economic viability, enhanced air connectivity, regional development, qualitative analysis
Purpose: This research study aims to analyze the economic viability and potential of North Eastern airports in India by conducting a qualitative secondary data analysis. The study explores the opportunity and challenges in aviation industry in North East.
Theoretical Framework: The study focuses on the economic potential and challenges of North Eastern airports. It uses various theoretical frameworks, including airport economics, regional development, transportation demand, and sustainability. It also considers policy alignment, stakeholder engagement, and impact on tourism. The goal is to analyze opportunities and barriers, helping to harness the economic viability of these airports in the region.
Design/Methodology/Approach: Employing a qualitative research approach, this study conducts a thematic analysis of existing secondary data and reports. By examining government documents, airport statistics, tourism data, and academic research, the study seeks to uncover patterns, themes, and trends related to the economic impact of North Eastern airports.
Research, Practical & Social Implication: The findings have practical implications for policymakers, airport authorities, and stakeholders seeking to harness the economic potential of the region. The core implication of this study is to promotion of North Eastern Airway development and tackle the challenges.
Findings: The thematic analysis of secondary data reveals a positive correlation between increased airport infrastructure and economic indicators. Enhanced air connectivity has led to economic diversification, but there are numerous challenges too.
Originality/Value: This study explores the challenges and opportunities in North Eastern airports and its effect on economic viability. The study also acknowledges the potential challenges, including government support, environmental considerations, community involvement, and regulatory compliance. By employing an analytical approach, the study seeks to provide insights into how strategic airport development can serve as a catalyst for economic growth while addressing potential obstacles.
Barua, T. (2020). The look East policy/Act east policy-driven development model in Northeast India. Jadavpur Journal of International Relations, 24(1), 101-120.
Das, A. K., Bardhan, A. K., & Fageda, X. (2020). New regional aviation policy in India: Early indicators and lessons learnt. Journal of Air Transport Management, 88, 101870.
Iyer, K. C., & Thomas, N. (2020). A critical review on regional connectivity scheme of India. Transportation Research Procedia, 48, 47-59.
Kumar, S. R., Gupta, S., Changkakati, B., & Uniyal, S. S. (2022). Cross-Sectional Qualitative Analysis Of The Current And Future Scenario Of The Aviation In North-East India. Journal of Positive School Psychology, 6(8), 4139-4151.
Mandal, R. K. (2009). Emerging scenario of trade potentialities of north-east India: challenges and opportunities. Journal of Global Economy, 5(1), 68-86.
Mohan, R. (2003). Economic development of the north east region: Some reflections. Reserve Bank of India Bulletin, 12, 925-937.
Nagpal, R., & Saranga, H. (2017). The evolution of Indian civil aviation. Air transport liberlization: A critical assessment, 92-111.
Priyadarshini, S. (2021). The possibility of North Eastern States to lead the growth story of India: A viability study. International Journal of Management and Development Studies, 10(12), 01-10.
Haddawee, A. H., Al-Sharifi, Z. H. M., Furaijl, H. B., & Hussein, S. T. M. (2023). Taoist Behavior, an Approach to Create of Social Capital in Organization: a Case Study at Najaf International Airport. International Journal of Professional Business Review, 8(5), e01416.
Kumar, R., Gupta, S., Changkakati, B., & Kumar, A. (2023). Analytical Review for Competitiveness of LGBI Airport Guwahati in Terms of Aircraft and Passenger Movement for Long-Term Viability. International Journal of Professional Business Review, 8(6), e03124.
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors who publish in this journal agree to the following terms: the author(s) authorize(s) the publication of the text in the journal;
2. The author(s) ensure(s) that the contribution is original and unpublished and that it is not in the process of evaluation by another journal;
3. The journal is not responsible for the views, ideas and concepts presented in articles, and these are the sole responsibility of the author(s);
4. The publishers reserve the right to make textual adjustments and adapt texts to meet with publication standards.
5. Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right to first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under the Creative Commons Atribuição NãoComercial 4.0 internacional, which allows the work to be shared with recognized authorship and initial publication in this journal.
6. Authors are allowed to assume additional contracts separately, for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in this journal (e.g. publish in institutional repository or as a book chapter), with recognition of authorship and initial publication in this journal.
7. Authors are allowed and are encouraged to publish and distribute their work online (e.g. in institutional repositories or on a personal web page) at any point before or during the editorial process, as this can generate positive effects, as well as increase the impact and citations of the published work (see the effect of Free Access) at http://opcit.eprints.org/oacitation-biblio.html
• 8. Authors are able to use ORCID is a system of identification for authors. An ORCID identifier is unique to an individual and acts as a persistent digital identifier to ensure that authors (particularly those with relatively common names) can be distinguished and their work properly attributed.